Dear Parent(s) / Guardian(s),
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, please check with your child’s teacher to see what they are doing and how many children are in their classrooms! Happy Valentin’es Day! We’ve included some facts (in case you’ve ever wondered about the history of Valentine’s Day) and a trivia quiz below. Enjoy!
We will be closed Monday, February 19th for a Professional Training Day. We hope that you are able to have some wonderful family time! That being said, here’s our Mid Feb. Update:
Gertrude Hawk Candy Sale
Calling all parents, we have some Gertrude Hawk Candy Bars that need to find a home:
- $1 Bars – Toffee Almond & Dark Chocolate Raspberry
- $2 Bars – Coconut Twins
Please stop by to see Ms. Vicki to obtain some more bars to sell. This will help us to reach our fundraising goal this year for our playgrounds upgrade.
CTECLC will not be closing early in February for our Staff Meeting, however, we will be closed on Monday, February 19th to have a Professional Training Day.
Is Anyone Interested in Free Money??
Dear CT Early Childhood Learning Center Families,
The Learning Center would like to make you an offer too good to refuse! Do you love the way we teach and care for your child? Refer the Learning Center to a co-worker or friend or anyone. When they are enrolled for 3 months full-time, you will earn a week of free tuition! If they sign up part-time, you will earn a half week! We hope you agree that this is a great deal. The more people you sign up, the more you can earn! See Ms. Vicki or Pastor Shelley with any questions.
A Bit of Valentine’s Day Trivia
- Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
- Which was Shakespeare’s most romantic play?
- What kind of flowers are traditionally given to symbolize love?
- What other gift sometimes accompanies a bouquet of red roses?
- What was first created by Pope Gelasius in 500 AD, then deleted from the Roman Calendar of Saints by Pope Paul Vl in 1969?
- ‘Valentine’ was the name given to which kind of early Christian?
- What day is Valentine’s Day held on?
- According to the Legenda Aurea, or The Golden Legend, a fictional work written by Jacobus de Voragine around 1260 AD, who wrote the very first Valentine’s message on the eve of his execution?
- Who did the fictional St Valentine send his message to?
- What had St Valentine allegedly done for his jailer’s daughter?
Encouraging Thought for Today:
If every day when we awaken, every thought we have, everything we do, everywhere we go, begins and ends with God, I’d say we would be on the right path…wouldn’t you?