Ages 4 – 5
- Room consists of one assistant group supervisor
- Staff will work with your child on developing language comprehension
- Children should be able to speak clearly and in sentences
- Teachings of morals, manners and respect for themselves and their surroundings
- Children should be able to efficiently recite the alphabet
- Children will be taught numbers 1 – 20 here
- Learning of Science and Nature. Children will engage in what science is and perform fun and exciting experiments
- Children will be given one hour of physical activity a day. This includes outdoor play (weather permitting) or indoor gymnasium play.
- Children will engage in computer time. This is when they work with appropriate pre-k software to enrich their developmental needs.
- Pre-K class practices a kindergarten like setting. Children will raise their hands and wait to be called on to speak or answer questions.
- In this class, we will put emphasis on what it means to be a good Christian and a good citizen.
- Children given individual duties and tasks in the classroom (i.e. line leader)
Schedule of a Typical Pre-K Day (**schedule subject to change)
6:30am – 8:45am: Children arrive at the center and engage in free play
8:46am – 9:00am: Bathroom Break
9:01am – 9:30am: Morning Snack
9:31am – 10:00: Circle time
10:01am – 10:30: Art Project
10:31am – 11:30am: Physical Activity
11:31am – 12:00: Lunch (Parents must provide)
12:01pm – 12:30pm: Bathroom Break
12:31pm – 3:00pm: Nap time
3:01pm – 3:30pm: Afternoon Snack
3:31pm – 4:00pm: Computer time
4:01pm – 4:30pm: Dramatic Play
4:30pm – 6:00pm: Movie/Free play/Children leave the center
Part-time positions are available, but Full-time is preferred for this academic preparation classroom